wrapping a drum part 2

so i tore off all the wrap last night and i was left with tons of glue still stuck on the drum. i called a few places around town trying to get a quote for some work. i called the pro drum shop and they gave me a phone number for a dude named matt. i called and left him a message. i figure i'd take the next step and hit the shell with some paint remover to get the glue off. paint remover is really fun to use. everything just melts away, even your skin when you get some on your arms. after that i sanded for a bit. my god this is some nice wood.


so i'm sitting here staring at this drum when matt calls. i tell him the situation. i've done all the prep work and now i just needed some help with the gluing. he said it would be stupid to pay someone to do that and he told me i had it within me to do it. matt has a lot of faith in me. i told him i wasn't ready for the responsibility. matt shushed me down and told me he would walk me through it over the phone.

he told me that i needed some elmers glue and some hi-bond tape from www.drumfoundry.com. matt said that i could do anything i put my mind to. this one's for you matt.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Everyone needs a Tony Robins in their life. It sounds like Matt's yours. Very cool work amigo, I look forward to seeing the finished project.

mike t